When ordering your Parent Taught Drivers Ed Instructor you designate an Instructor. If for any reason you need to change the instructor follow these steps.
Step 1: Request a change
Email TDLR Customer service at CS.Driver.Education.Safety@tdlr.texas.gov, make sure your message contains this information:
- Your PTDE packet receipt number
- If you don’t have your receipt number you can use the Student’s full name and Date of birth
- The full name of the new instructor
- Information for how you would like to receive your new Parent Taught Drivers Education Program Guide Packet
- Mail or E-mail
Step 2: Wait for a Response
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation will let you know once they have changed the instructor. There message might also tell you to contact your Course Provider too. For our course, we don’t ask you for your instructor’s name so contacting us is not necessary. If you don’t receive a response after a couple weeks send them another email or call them: 800-803-9202.
Step 3: Get your new packet
- Download your new packet here: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/ParentTaught/PT_Search.aspx
- The packet may still be under the old email address so try searching that
- After you download the new PTDE Program Guide, check to see that the new instructor’s name is on the bottom right of the first page of your packet
- If there’s an issue with your updated packet contact TDLR by email or call them at 800-803-9202.
If I change my the instructor on my PTDE Program Guide do I need to pay any fees?
No, there should be no fees for changing your instructor. Keep in mind that the TDLR may change this policy at any time.